1. Download the Application Forms and mail the filled in application form along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 500/- favouring "Registrar, Vels University" payable at Chennai - Click Here.
2. Request for Application Forms by Post By sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope along with a D/D for Rs. 550/- favouring" Registrar, Vels University" payable at Chennai to the address mentioned below.
3. Purchase of Application Form and Prospectus in person. By remitting cash Rs.500/- at the Office of Vels University, Chennai.
Mailing Address: Registrar, Vels University, Velan Nagar, P.V.Vaithiyalingam Road, Pallavaram, Chennai - 600 117, Tamil Nadu
1. The last date for receipt of completed application forms at the University Office is the tenth day from the date of publication of the results of the qualifying examinations (Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Examinations). The dates will be published in National dailies.
2. Application forms will be received even after the stipulated last date. Such applications will be registered as "Late Applications" and will be considered only after all the applications received in time have been exhausted.
3. All the applications duly filled in along with Registration Fee should be sent either by Registered Post or can be handed over in person at the office of University and should be enclosed with:
a. Three Passport Size photographs of the applicant.
b. Two self-addressed stamped (Rs.10/-) envelope along with photocopy of:
i. Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination or equivalent.
ii. Provisional Pass Certificate / Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination.
iii. Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate from the Institute last studied.
iv. Community Certificate.
v. Applicants who have passed from other Universities should get Eligibility Certificate.
vi. Entrance examination mark sheet. c. Any other document / certificate required by this University / Commissioner of Technical Education / Govt. of Tamilnadu.
C. All communications should be addressed to Registrar of University indicating on the cover "Application for Admission to........course"
Foreign students must also submit
(i) No Objection Certificate from the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
(ii) Eligibility Certificate from the respective University.
(iii) Appropriate Student Visa.
4. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
5. Interview Cards will be sent to those applicants who have registered and are provisionally selected. Failure to attend the interview on the specified date will result in the cancellation of the provisional selection.
6. Admission for all the courses is based on merit and personal interview by the selection committee of the Institution.
7. The selected candidates should report to the Heads of the Department on the specified date and time with all the original certificates.
8. Candidate and his / her parent / guardian should submit a declaration in the prescribed form at the time of admission.
9. The original certificates submitted at the time of admission will be returned only after the completion of the course as per current University / Government guide lines.
10. Candidates are advised to take enough number of photocopies of mark sheets and other Certificates before submitting them to the University at the time of admission.
11. After admission, if any student wishes to discontinue the course, he / she shall pay the entire fee payable for the complete course of study, before being relieved from the University.
12. Fee once paid by the student will not be refunded under any circumstance.
13. The admitted students should obey the rules and regulations in force, and the University reserves the right to dismiss a student in case of disobedience.
14. The Institution is not responsible for any accident to the students due to careless handling of equipment / chemicals.
15. All the students are covered under Accident Cover Insurance.
16. Candidate who have passed any qualifying exams other than the Higher Secondary course examination conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu, should obtain an Eligibility certificate from the Vel' s University by remitting the prescribed fee along with the application form. (For UG Degree)